Divorce dashes dreams and changes circumstances. It can be easy to feel like you’ll never get out of the rut of divorce. Dreaming may seem scary.
I say, dare to dream.
For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11 (NLT)
No life is without problems and your life may not be going as you had hoped. Yet, Jeremiah tells us we have a future and a hope. God has plans for us that are good. Romans confirms this…
And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” Romans 8:28 (NLT)
Dreaming and prayerfully developing goals empowers you to set your course for the future while under the shelter of God’s wings.
Moving from dreaming to reaching dreams requires that we take action. We’re told…
…ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Luke 11:9).
Taking action to move from dreaming to setting goals and achieving them feels good. Shifting focus from the lost goals of the past to your own goals for the future is positive and can help move you to a more joyful and peaceful place. It redirects your thoughts and your energies.
Dare to dream again.
Divorce dashes some dreams and redirects others. Dare to talk with God about your future and the plans he has for you in your life after divorce. Believe and become proactive for a better future.
Talk with God
Ponder this reading and share your thoughts with God. Listen so that the Holy Spirit might fill you with wisdom and peace. What concrete actions do you need to take based on what God is saying to you?
Get the Help You Need:
- FREE eBook – 5 Keys to Healing from Divorce. Download Renee’s popular FREE eBook. (Complete green circle above.)
- Prayer Support – Share your prayer requests and our prayer team will pray for you.
- Peace after Divorce Book – Read Renee’s award-winning book, Peace after Divorce today. Learn more.
- Children Coping with Divorce?: What Parents Can Do to Help – Learn ways to help your children cope with your divorce.
- Find out How to Start a Peace after Divorce Group at Your Church
- Visit Renee’s Blog Archives
This blog posts every Friday morning.