The joys and trials of parenting take on new dimensions when you and your children are coping with divorce. Even so, basic age-related developmental issues still exist. So, today guest blogger Kristin Louis joins us to share resources she has found to provide tips and insights into the stages children typically go through as they grow up.
If you’re looking for Parenting Topics Related to Divorce you will find links to such posts toward the end of this article.
15 Helpful Parenting Resources for Every Stage of Childhood
Guest post by Kristin Louis
Becoming a parent poses many challenges, but the ever-evolving nature of parenthood means there’s always something new to learn. At each stage of development, moms and dads need to master different strategies to help their children navigate life and learning. Here are the most helpful resources that span each stage.
Give Your Infant a Head Start in Life
While every newborn will soon begin to develop his or her unique personality, parents can take a proactive approach to the early years with this handy information.
- Baby’s Fourth Trimester: Helping Your Baby Make a Peaceful Transition from Womb to World
- Easy Daily Activities to Help Baby Reach Milestones
- Attachment Theory: 6 Ways to Help Your Baby Form Secure Attachments
Skip the Terrible Twos (and Threes)
Toddlers are a whirlwind of activity, exploration, and growing resistance to nap time. Navigating these years can be challenging, but a change in perspective and a few tricks can help.
- The Only Thing You Need to Survive the ‘Terrible Twos’ – with Your Sanity Intact
- 16 Simple Positive Parenting Tips for Your 3-Year-Old
- Best Ways to Help Children Fall Asleep at Nap Time
Support School-Age Kiddos’ Growth
Older school-age children are learning to navigate the real world, and they will frequently need your support to do so with confidence.
- 12 Ways to Raise a Competent, Confident Child with Grit
- How to Deal with Bullies: A Guide for Parents
- Storm Spotting for Children: At-Home Meteorology
- How to Help Kids Make Friends: 10 Evidence-Based Tips
Transition to Tweenhood with Care
Tweens have a reputation for being just as difficult if not more so than teens. But with the right toolkit, parents can feel prepared for every new development.
- How to Discipline and Handle Challenges with Tweens
- Foolproof Strategies for Getting Kids to Talk
- 6 Truths About Parenting Tweens in the Digital Age
Prepare for the Teen Years, Confidently
Avoid any potential teen drama by preparing yourself — and your home — to handle the unpredictability of a near-adult.
- 25 Basic House Rules for Families and How to Create Your Own
- Communicating with Teens: All It Takes Is Three Magic Words
Handling the Challenges
Although parenting may not always be easy, there’s no doubt it’s a meaningful and rich experience. And though each child is different, the more knowledge you possess, the smoother your household will run. With these resources in hand, you’ll feel more prepared to handle the challenges of parenthood at every age and stage.
For more from Kris Louis visit www.parentingwithkris.com
Parenting Topics Related to Divorce
by Renee Smith Ettline
Click for More Parenting Posts Topics from Renee Smith Ettline
In this concise yet powerful book, Christian author, Renee Ettline outlines twelve areas of opportunity where parents can help their kids cope with divorce. Specific, actionable strategies allow children to find safety, support, and spiritual grounding during this trying time.
Kindle edition $2.99 Buy Now